Worker electrocuted on Melbourne roof


Thursday, 17 January, 2019


Worker electrocuted on Melbourne roof

WorkSafe is investigating the death of a 19-year-old man who was believed to be electrocuted at a home in Melbourne on Tuesday evening. The incident occurred while he was installing an air conditioner on the roof of a two-storey Plumpton property. This is the third workplace death this year, compared to one at the same time last year.

While the circumstances around this fatality are unknown, all workers are urged to remain cautious, test electrical equipment before touching it and avoid taking risks, particularly young workers who may be beginning their careers and looking to please employers.

Image credit: ©iStockphoto.com/isgaby

Related News

Company banned from Victoria's Solar Homes program

Victoria's Space Solar has been banned from participating in the Solar Homes subsidy program...

Stanley tapes go pink to support breast cancer patients

In support of October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, STANLEY is donating $2 from every sale...

IPD exclusive distributor of GL McGavin

The full range of products from Sydney-based company GL McGavin is now being exclusively...


  • All content Copyright © 2020 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd