Maximise power availability through innovation with NHP's SMART Panelboards
SMART Panelboards sense and communicate energy consumption and switchgear health analytics which share information via a variety of network protocols, including MODBUS RTU/TCP, BACnet and EtherNet IP. Users are empowered to reduce operating costs, improve safety and predict future events before they happen.
SMART Panelboards are built using NHP’s new CONCEPT enclosure design, which has undergone testing and is manufactured to comply with the requirements of AS/NZS 61439.
Why are NHP’s SMART Panelboards your perfect power availability solution?
- Fast cable connections to minimise installation time: for speed of fit off, all of the internal device control power, communications and relay signalling are terminated into the convenient Allen Bradley 1492-P Push-In Terminal Blocks. This wiring arrangement also enables ease of ongoing maintenance and improves long term reliability.
- Regulatory testing of critical devices and systems: the unique rapid test earth leakage device test system allows an entire distribution board fitted with earth leakage circuit breakers to be tested in accordance with Work Health and Safety regulations within minutes and diagnoses problems immediately, ensuring maximum safety of personnel and automatically generating a test report.
- The compact Emergency Lighting Test Units provide a safe, simple and time efficient testing method to comply with the six-monthly testing requirements of AS/NZS 2293 standards. During a test, the timer starts and a contactor cuts mains supply so emergency and exit lights run on battery power. The inspection continues until either the timer times out or the stop button is pressed to cancel the test, and mains power is automatically restored to the lights and the batteries recharge.
- Backup power connection and monthly generator testing: Socomec ATyS transfer switch (mains and alternative supply) is used to manage and automatically switch between an incoming mains and alternative power supply (eg diesel genset), ensuring minimal power loss to critical loads. Depending on requirements of state-based service installation rules, the ATyS can be used as the main incoming isolator.
- Energy management and predictive maintenance: The WM50 branch energy monitor is a multichannel power analyser for single, two and three-phase systems which can monitor up to 96 single phase loads (or combinations). It directly interfaces with the and SMART VMU-C reporting system, an energy management controller, which is the ideal webserver-based solution for monitoring small to medium size installations. The VMU-C gathers data from SMART devices such as energy meters and SMART Terasaki circuit breakers, facilitating energy optimisation analysis and reporting. The VMU-C unit can also measure the internal temperature of the SMART Panelboard for predictive maintenance analytics.
- Maximum safety: arc flash, earth leakage and surge protection. The PowerMax GB Isolation Chassis is a miniature circuit breaker power distribution isolation chassis that reduces potential hazards for electrical maintenance workers, because tee offs can be individually de-energised.
It has an encapsulated design that incorporates a proven mechanically interlocked busbar tee off disconnection system. Furthermore, the PowerMax GB Isolation Chassis has undergone temperature rise (to AS/NZS 61439.1) and short circuit (to AS/NZS 3439.1:2002) 3rd party TUV test verification.
The SAFEGROUND® Surge Protection Device (SPD) not only protects sensitive equipment from destruction due to over voltages, but it is the first SPD to feature an integrated ground status indictor, which visually shows the condition of the path to ground (which is essential for correct operation).
NHP’s range of earth leakage circuit breakers (RCBOs) is perfect for complying with the AS/NZS3000 wiring rules now mandatory in Australia and New Zealand, providing a higher level of protection with Type AC RCD/RCBOs through to Type A RCD/RCBOs, which allow for protection against common rectified loads.
The Arc LogiX™ OPTICAL SS Relay is a light reactive arc flash relay which limits arc fault damage by tripping the incoming circuit breaker. The Arc LogiX OPTICAL SS is a solid state, super high speed, arc flash protection relay intended for use with switchgear, utilising two optical point sensors.
For more information on NHP’s SMART Panelboards, please call your local NHP representative or email us:
AS/NZS 61439 is a series of standards for low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies that...
APS Industrial has released a family of 'DB' distribution boards custom designed for the...
Tough enough to survive Australia's most difficult conditions — Weidmüller PROtop...