Fsb masthead

Company banned from Victoria's Solar Homes program

11 October, 2019 by Dylan Bushell-Embling

Victoria's Space Solar has been banned from participating in the Solar Homes subsidy program after being found to have employed unlicensed electrical workers to conduct unsafe work.


IPD exclusive distributor of GL McGavin

10 September, 2019

The full range of products from Sydney-based company GL McGavin is now being exclusively distributed by IPD throughout Australia and New Zealand.


Electrical standards keep Australia safe

04 September, 2019

With the kick-off of Electrical Safety Week, Standards Australia is highlighting the standards followed by members of the construction, manufacturing and electrical community to help make Australia safe.


Plumbers audited for electrical safety

20 August, 2019

The Electrical Safety Office is auditing plumbers who perform restricted electrical work as part of their business to ensure they are following electrical safety guidelines.


UNSW Maker Games winners design software to save lives

16 August, 2019

Responding to a challenge from Boral, UNSW Sydney's Maker Games winners designed a solution that allows workers to safely shut down dangerous machinery in industrial plants.


Tragedy highlights powerline dangers

08 August, 2019

The death of a Queensland worker acts as a devastating reminder of the dangers of powerlines.


Test before touch, warns ESO

06 August, 2019

Another arc flash injury has prompted the Electrical Safety Office (ESO) to issue an urgent callout to electrical workers: reset your safety focus and test before you touch.


App keeps isolated workers safe

15 April, 2019

The TeLoRa app, which stands for The Lonely Ranger, provides regular, automated check-ups, live GPS tracking and direct messaging.


Power worker dies during maintenance work

04 April, 2019

An Ausgrid linesman has died after being electrocuted while working on the replacement of a low-voltage power pole in Lane Cove.


WA electrician fined for dangerous electrical installation

07 February, 2019

A licensed electrician and business have been fined $20,000 after a crucial safety component was not installed at a Wannanup building site in 2017.


Workers warned to guard against heat stress

25 January, 2019

WorkSafe has urged workers and employers to take precautions to avoid the risk of heat stress or heat stroke.


Worker electrocuted on Melbourne roof

17 January, 2019

WorkSafe is investigating the death of a 19-year-old man who was believed to be electrocuted at a home in Melbourne on Tuesday evening.


Four concerns about safe construction wiring

30 November, 2018

Regular audits of construction projects by WorkSafe Queensland have revealed four key areas for concern in regards to wiring compliance.


Home owners warned not to use unlicensed electricians

23 November, 2018

NT WorkSafe has highlighted the importance of home owners using licensed electricians, as failing to do so is illegal and can lead to serious safety issues.


Worker killed by high-voltage circuit breaker

15 November, 2018

A man in his mid-50s has died in hospital after a high-voltage circuit breaker is believed to have exploded at the Yallourn Power Station in Victoria.


  • All content Copyright © 2019 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd