Queensland NECA Excellence Awards
The 2008 Excellence Awards for the electrical and communications industry in Queensland were held on 1 August, with four companies recognised for significant achievement in the last 12 months.
James Tinslay, NECA National CEO, said: “Queensland has seen some significant projects over the years and with each awards judging the standard is as high, while the challenges seem to increase. I am very impressed with the achievements of this year’s place-getters, and know the value for our members of this peer recognition, which results from a rigorous judging process.”
Judging criteria include the quality of work on the project and management systems utilised, technical innovation and work practices, including OHS and training.
- Voice/Data Small project (contract value less than $500,000): Power-Comm Electrical & Communications for Australian Taxation Office, Terrica Place Brisbane.
- Voice/Data Large project (greater than $500,000): Stowe Australia for Inner Northern Busway – Intelligent Transport Systems.
- Commercial/Medium project (between $500,000 and $2 million): Stowe Australia for Building Services Authority (office accommodation).
- Commercial/Large project (over $2 million): Stowe Australia for Skilled Park Stadium, Gold Coast.
Highly commended: Blue Star Pacific of Meadowbrook for Evolution Residential Towers, Brisbane.
- Industrial project (includes work in civil, mining, manufacturing or processing): John Holland SMP Electrical for new facility (Line 6 Hot Fill Bottling Line) for Coca-Cola Amatil, Richlands.
The winners are eligible for the National Excellence Awards, to be held on 14 November 2008.
The Smart Energy Council's Smart Energy Conference and Exhibition will be celebrating its...
The Electrical Safety Office in Queensland recommends that employers take advantage of the new...
Database Consultants Australia (DCA) has been selected to deliver a smart parking solution for...