Electrician warns others against working live


Tuesday, 12 May, 2020


Electrician warns others against working live

An electrician who was seriously burnt by an arc flash explosion is sharing his story to help prevent injuries and deaths.

Mark, an electrician of 18 years, was injured while he was working on a live commercial switchboard. He spent three weeks in hospital and was unable to work for almost three months.

He has shared his story in a new video to help raise awareness about the very real dangers of working live.

“It’s not worth risking your life to get the job done quickly or to please a client,” Mark said.

The Queensland Electrical Safety Office is urging electricians to watch the video and share it with staff, apprentices and workmates.

“Mark, on behalf of all electrical workers, thanks for making this video — this will save lives and make workers and employers think about the risks before they undertake work. Well done,” said Keith McKenzie, Electrical Trades Union.

Image credit: ©stock.adobe.com/au/Africa Studio

Related News

Australia's largest energy class action filed

Australia's largest energy class action has been filed in the Federal Court of Australia on...

Eaton celebrates electrical apprentice achievements

Eaton has celebrated the achievements of seven apprentices in Melbourne at a special awards...

Disciplinary action for five licence holders

Five electrical licence holders were subject to disciplinary action throughout November and...


  • All content Copyright © 2021 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd