ARBS 2020 postponed over COVID-19 concerns
At a board meeting for ARBS Exhibitions, it was agreed that ARBS 2020 should be postponed due to the coronavirus.
The event had originally been scheduled to run from 19–21 May 2020, and a new date has not yet been determined.
The following concerns and effects played a major role in the postponement:
- ARBS exhibitions generally host around 10,000–12,000 participants, including exhibitors, visitors, suppliers and contractor staff. ARBS Exhibitions is concerned for the health, wellbeing and safety of all participants during what will be a challenging time for the whole country.
- Many international exhibitors have now limited or banned staff travel.
- A number of interstate exhibitors have now limited or banned interstate travel.
- It is likely that the government will recommend or prevent major travel and movement and possibly limit large events if the virus continues to spread.
- Many companies and staff may be put into self-isolation with the rate of spread of the virus at this stage unknown.
- A number of seminar presenters have already flagged their intention to cancel any travel in the foreseeable future.
The decision to postpone also presents the predicament of timing and venue availability to reschedule. Bearing in mind that many large events are scrambling to postpone, venue space is in limited supply. ARBS Exhibitions is currently discussing its options with the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, and hopes to be able to announce an alternative date for ARBS 2020 in the very near future.
ARBS Exhibitions has apologised for taking these measures, and said it will do everything it can to ensure the successful rescheduling of the exhibition once a suitable date has been secured — and hopefully once the threat of the virus has subsided.
More details, including the process and timelines of the postponement, will be provided as soon as feasibly possible. Those who have any queries should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The shortlist for the annual Energy Network Industry Innovation Award has been announced by...
In order to further improve the safety of electrical installations, the Wiring Rules committee...
According to Lighting Council Australia, the Research and Development Tax Incentive Bill (2019)...