National energy event to feature grid edge experts
Australian and international experts will provide insights on the changing energy landscape at Energy Networks Australia’s Welcome to the Grid Edge Seminar on Wednesday, 10 May in Sydney.
Australian Energy Market Operator’s (AEMO) new CEO Audrey Zibelman; Frank Tudor, Managing Director, Horizon Power; and LO3 Energy’s Lawrence Orsini will discuss the latest at the edge of the grid.
Zibelman led New York’s Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) in her previous role as Chair of the New York State Public Service Commission.
LO3 Energy designed its TransActive Grid project as a solution for the REV. It uses blockchain technology to allow people in a neighbourhood of Brooklyn to buy and sell solar energy directly from/to one another. LO3’s Lawrence Orsini will deliver the seminar’s international keynote address.
Keynote speakers and panel participants include:
- International Keynote — Lawrence Orsini, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, LO3 Energy
- Domestic Keynote: Frank Tudor, Managing Director, Horizon Power
- Audrey Zibelman, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Energy Market Operator
- Anne Pearson, Chief Executive, Australian Energy Market Commission
- David Smales, Chief Executive Officer, Energy Queensland
- Greg Allen, Chief Operating Officer, Carnegie Clean Energy
- Dr Phil Blythe, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Greensync
- Michelle Taylor, Manager Technology Development, Ergon Energy
- Dr Nick Engerer, Chief Technology Officer, Solcast
- Alistair Parker, Executive General Manager Regulated Energy Services, AusNet Services
- Lynne Gallagher, Director of Research, Energy Consumers Australia
- Tony Fullelove, Program Director, Monash Energy Transformation Program
- Chris Barrett, Commercial Manager, Green Infrastructure, City of Sydney
- Professor Simon Bartlett AM, University of Queensland
- Andy Kondola, Emerging Technology and Innovations Manager, Western Power
- David Martin, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Power Ledger
The former chair of the Clean Energy Regulator has received the Outstanding Contribution to...
The National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA) has announced that it will be...
The Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia and New Zealand (IESANZ) is calling for...