Surviving electric shock: a personal story

Monday, 22 March, 2021

Surviving electric shock: a personal story

Jason Daniels was just 17 when he received a serious electric shock. He was moving a grain auger and contacted an overhead powerline, resulting in horrific injuries.

His story is now being told through a new film: Jason Daniels’ story – surviving an electric shock from overhead powerlines, which tells how quickly life changed for Jason and his family.

Both Jason and his mother, Di Daniels, share their experience in the raw and real film to raise awareness around having a safe system of work in place before starting work and to urge employers to listen when young workers speak up with safety concerns.

Industry members are invited to attend the film launch event either in person or via the live stream.

Click here for info and to register for this free event. Attendees will see the film and hear directly from Jason and Di as well as Queensland’s Electrical Safety Office, Ergon Energy and AgForce Queensland.

Event details — details have changed

Wednesday, 31 March 10:00–11:00 am. Attend the live stream (details to be provided upon registration) or in person at City Golf Club, 254 South Street, Toowoomba. Please note — due to a three-day lockdown in the greater Brisbane area, this event has been postponed until Wednesday, 5 May.

Image credit: ©

Related News

Three incidents spark concern about working under powerlines

Three serious incidents in less than a month call for more care working near overhead powerlines.

MEA urges caution after spike in electrical incidents

MEA is urging homeowners to check their electrical safety, after a summer in which Australia has...

APS Industrial appointed sole distributor of KATKO

APS Industrial is now the sole distributor of KATO switching solutions in Australia thanks to a...

  • All content Copyright © 2021 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd