Lighting award winners announced
Eleven professionals have been recognised for their contributions to the lighting industry at the inaugural National Awards for Excellence in Lighting in Sydney.
The awards, held at at Doltone House Hyde Park on 28 May, attracted more than 300 people and 60 nominations, according to Lighting Council Australia CEO Richard Mulcahy.
The winners were:
- Ratko Milosavljevic — Signify – Building Automation Award
- Sal Maresca — LOWA Lighting – Best Small Business
- Michael Duce — Clevertronics – Award for Outstanding Contribution to Standards – Sponsored by Standards Australia
- Paul Barron — Legrand Australia – Award for Outstanding Engagement with Industry – Sponsored by Signify
- Mark Bejatovic — Mercator Lighting – Overall Innovation Award – Sponsored by Jinhang
- Terry Howard — Pecan Lighting – Public/Street Lighting Award – Sponsored by Beacon Lighting
- Rick Dockerty — Efficient Lighting Systems – Smart Lighting/IoT Award – Sponsored by Haneco Lighting
- Steve Cahill — Enlighten Australia – Sustainability Award – Sponsored by Clevertronics
- Gemma Smallfield — Empyrean Lighting and Ariel Avner — Azoogi – Young Achievement Award – Sponsored by Evolt (joint winners)
Finally, Ian Robinson, Executive Chairman of Beacon Lighting and a member of the Lighting Council Australia board, received the Lifetime Achievement Award. Sponsored by Dialight ILS Australia, this award recognises an individual who has played a leading role in the development of Australia’s lighting industry.
“With 50 years’ experience in the lighting industry, spanning manufacturing and retailing operations, Ian Robinson has been recognised as an innovator and one of Australia’s great success stories in business,” Mulcahy said.
He continued: “We congratulate each of those that was identified as a leader deserving of special recognition.”
Nominations are open for the Clean Energy Council's 2019 Solar Design and Installation...
IPD has been appointed ABB's distributor of electrification products for the 415 V...
Schneider Electric has launched its smart building and smart home product and skills...