SA electricity market: where to now?
SA Treasurer and Energy Minister Tom Koutsantonis will provide insight into the SA government's policy measures aimed at insulating the state from the recent spate of damaging blackouts as it seeks more secure electricity supplies, at the CEDA SA Energy series.
This event, the second in the CEDA SA Energy series, will be held on 21 April, 2017 at the Intercontinental Adelaide. It will also feature key energy leaders leading a discussion around the new policy measures.
Key policy measures to be discussed include:
- Batteries — build the nation's biggest battery as part of a $150 million Renewable Technology Fund.
- Power plant — government to build a $360 million 250 MW gas-fired power station to provide backup power.
- Market — new ministerial powers to direct the functioning of the market to protect South Australia.
- Gas — incentivising more production and trying to ensure it is used in South Australia.
- Target — establish a new Energy Security target.
- Purchasing — use government purchasing to attract a new generator.
Genex Power has selected CIMIC Group company UGL as preferred Engineering Procurement and...
Decmil Group has signed a deal with Maoneng Australia for its 250 MW Sunraysia Solar PV project...
South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill and Neoen Deputy CEO Romain Desrousseaux have turned on...